Disability Advocates and SSA’s
Remote Supports often provide better outcomes and more value from Waiver funds. All individual specific tasks are presented to the Remote Support Professionals as an alert, and they must complete and document the results/outcome.
Our team of Remote Support Professional are always awake and alert, responding to each notification individually as they occur, and documenting accordingly. All documented tasks, outcomes, and alert responses are available at any time for review. The system has redundancies for power, phones and internet to ensure (little to) no disruptions in service.
The Successful Care Plan
Ensuring the health and safety of individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities is at the core of the services we provide. Working with the entire team and developing a strategy that incorporates the needs and desires of each individual is the goal.
Our services reinforce skill development and provide consistent routines for individuals in their homes. Our Remote Support Professionals will deliver reminders and prompts at specific intervals on a dependable schedule and document the results. Remote Support services make it easy to ensure that the care plan for the Individual is followed and supports are delivered as the individual and their team intended.
WHY Remote Supports
- Saves Waiver Funds: RSS conserves waiver dollars for use in other areas the individual needs.
- Increased Independence: The use of Remote Supports gradually increases an individual’s independence. Increasing one’s independence can have incredible benefits for an individual, including confidence building and self-reliance.
- Immediate Response Time: All notifications are immediate and once an event is triggered, our team responds. With our video technology, our Remote Support Professional can immediately reach out to the individual to provide support, assistance, and assurances as needed.
- Security: Our RSS team is ALWAYS available whenever needed. We provide back-up staff that can be dispatched to assist an individual whenever necessary, and our response staff have been specifically trained to respond to all types of behaviors and emergencies.
- Privacy / Alone or Personal Time: A Remote Support System allows the individual to take a break from having staff constantly in their home. This has been proven to have extremely positive effects as the individual can have some time to themselves and “take a break” from the constant presence of staff.
- Least Intrusive: RSS is the least intrusive way to ensure that an individual is safe and secure in their home.
- Education and Personal Growth through Independent Living: RSS promotes individuals to gain greater independence, improve communication skills, develop self-advocacy skills, and make independent choices.
Disability Advocates and SSA’s Options
The Disability Advocates and SSA’s are all about setting up remote support options aimed at improving outcomes for developmentally disabled individuals. Contact THS Remote Support Services to discuss options.